International Schools Association
Building for the Future
Education is the best instrument to build a better world. Living in peace is achieved by working together and celebrating our cultural diversity and similarity.
WELCOME TO ISA
The International Schools Association was founded under Swiss Law in 1951 and as such is the most senior organization in the world of international education. It is an international non-governmental organization and the first educational NGO to be granted consultative status at UNESCO.
Since 1951, ISA has been dedicated to consulting and providing educators with the necessary guidance that is needed to help schools define their understanding of the term “international” in education.
The International Schools Association works to promote international and intercultural understanding. In so doing the Association espouses a number of values – peace, freedom, equality, tolerance and the celebration of both diversity and similarity – which express for the Association the essential meaning and purpose of multiculturalism and international mindedness.
The Association believes that young people should face the challenges arising from the acceptance of these values and is supportive of all organizations which share its conviction about internationalism, international mindedness and international education in all its forms and wherever it may be found.
- To further world peace and international understanding through education.
- To encourage the creation of new international schools.
- To encourage co-operation among international or internationally-minded schools through consultation on teaching and administrative questions.
- To facilitate or undertake the study of educational problems of interest to such schools.
- To nurture interest in national schools of international matters as a means of improving international understanding.
- To publicize the aims and principles of international schools and promote international understanding among national schools.