Nursery (3 years)
Following a consistent routine day after day gives children the sense of security they need to make choices and take risks, which opens the door to exciting learning opportunities. We follow a daily routine that is adapted to the children’s interests or needs. The length of time we spend during one part of our day may change from one day to the next but the pattern or order of events throughout each day are consistent and predictable.
Routines, unlike schedules, are flexible enough to allow children and teachers to take advantage of learning moments that may occur throughout the day. Our Nursery routine is also adaptable to allow for extracurricular activities, unplanned events or other opportunities that may arise throughout the day..
How a day looks like in the Nursery (3 years):
- 08:35 – 09:30 Arrival – Greetings – Free play
- 09:30 – 10:00 Morning snack
- 10:00 – 10:30 Circle time / Learning centres
- 10:30 – 11:00 Outdoors play / Group games / Drama
- 11:00 – 11:30 Arts & Crafts
- 11:00 – 11:30 Music and Movement activity on Tuesdays and Thursdays
- 11:30 – 12:00 Maths / Science / Pre-reading & Pre-writing activities
- 12:00 – 12:30 Lunch
- 12:30 – 14:00 Nap time
- 14:00 – 14:30 Story time / Table activity
- 14:30 – 14:50 Afternoon snack
- 14:50 – 15:15 Free play / Arts & Crafts
- 15:15 – 15:45 Outdoor play
- 15:45 – 16:00 Preparation for departure – Departure
For parents of children in the Nursery we have a ‘Communication Folder’. At the beginning of every week our administration shares a document that details the theme of the week a long with units that will be covered, learning goals and information about any celebrations or School activities.